OPG and Lateral Cephalometry licensing course
OPG / Lateral Ceph Licensing Course
- Before you read the below information, please quickly glance through “Why should you opt for my Dental Radiology courses?” section by clicking on this link https://www.cbctopglicensing.com.au/about-us/#why-should.
- The OPG and Lateral Ceph licensing course is open to Dentists, Dental specialists, Oral Health Therapists, Dental Hygienists, and Dental Assistants (with Certificate IV in Dental Assistance Radiography – copy required).
- This course is being conducted almost every month. Please see the upcoming dates, the timings and prices (with terrific offers) on the right-hand side of this page.
- Dr Sholapurkar does not prefer delivering this course in a recorded format as he wants to keep it very interactive, and this is what most dental practitioners prefer.
- Please see the learning objectives of the course below
- The pre-reading material/lecture handouts will be sent once you register and pay. The Zoom link will be sent to your email address two days prior to the course.
- This course is approved by various state Radiation health authorities including VIC and QLD. The delegates of these states can apply for the licenses with their respective Radiation health authority by submitting the Certificate of successful completion provided by Dr Sholapurkar. NT does not endorse such course but usually accepts interstate courses. SA also does not approve such course as well, but the SA delegates may participate/attend this course if they wish to upgrade their knowledge.
- This course consists of lecture module followed by demonstration of taking an OPG and a Lateral Ceph radiograph through two different video presentations (15-20 mins each) directed and produced by Dr Sholapurkar.
- After the course is over, you will be provided with a link for examination questions (open book written theory examination/quiz). The exam paper will consist about 35-40 questions (each carrying 1-3 marks) and we have combination of questions like – MCQ’s, fill-up the blanks, write in a sentence, write a short note on etc. The exam may take approximately 60 mins to 75 mins to complete. You are requested to complete this examination and submit the answers (online via the link itself) within two days of the completion of the course. Please note that the link will expire after 2 days. Please let us know if you encounter any difficulty accessing the link. Dr Sholapurkar will mark your papers within a week to 10 days’ time. The delegates will have to pass the exam by obtaining at least 50% marks.
- Upon passing the exam, the delegates will be provided with a signed Certificate of successful completion.
- In addition to this, the delegates will also be granted 6 CPD points. As you know that this course is interactive and if the discussions prolong, then the number of CPD hours will be granted accordingly. On several occasions in the past, delegates have been granted 7 CPD hours rather than 6.
- The examination is for those who wish to obtain their licenses. Delegates who already have their licenses can still appear for the course (to upgrade their knowledge) and obtain the CPD points.
- Some additional requirements are required in some states and their regulations keep changing from time to time. Please check with your local radiation authority to see the requirements prior to attending this licensing course. Most importantly, please check with your respective Radiation health authority whether you are eligible to obtain a OPG/Lat Ceph license. Upon confirmation from the Radiation health authority, you can then register for this training course.
- NZ delegates can also attend this course to upgrade their knowledge.
Learning Objectives of OPG / Lateral Ceph Licensing Course
- History of Dental Radiology
- Radiation Physics
- Radiation Biology/Biological effects of ionizing radiation
- Radiation Protection and Dosimetry
- Radiation safety act of respective state radiation health department
- Medico Legal responsibilities for the dental practitioner in relation to dental radiology
- Film Imaging including intensifying screens and grids
- Processing of films and processing errors
- Digital imaging
- Systematic and sequential method of taking a PAN and Lat Ceph radiograph and use of software (video presentation)
- Normal anatomic landmarks in an OPG and Lat Ceph
- Panoramic radiography and lateral cephalometry in detail
- Extra-oral Radiographic faults
- Normal Radiographic Anatomy and Principles of Interpretation, including some simple example cases of common dental pathology
Upcoming OPG & Lateral Cephalometry licensing course 2023
6 CPD hours
8.30am – 11.00am and 3.30pm – 6.30pm
Online via Zoom – Limited to 30 delegates
10% discount for all the dentists (AUD 630+GST)
15% discount for freshers (AUD 595 + GST)
AUD $700 +GST